- “Excellent conference, well worth the time and expense. [S]taff was great at organizing and running the conference.”
- “Great list of topics that are relevant to the field at this time. Presenters seemed qualified and well versed.”
- “The presenters and content of the key notes and workshops were excellent and very useful”
- “This conference was a wonderful experience. Thank you for all your hard work and for providing such great speakers!!!!”
- “High quality, excellent/relevant speakers and relevant topics.”
Magellan offered continuing education credits for members of several different medical associations, including the American Psychological Association, Association of Social Work Boards, and Association for Addiction Professionals, National Board for Certified Counselors and the Pennsylvania Certification Board.
Speakers came from all over the state and country for the event; attendees heard from Wilson Compton, the deputy director for the National Institute on Drug Abuse; the Honorable David Hickton, the United States Attorney for western Pennsylvania; Jason Snyder, the policy and communications director for the PA Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs; Carlton Hall, the deputy director for the National Coalition Institute; and many more.
Here are some of the pieces we filmed at the conference:
- What are peer based recovery support services?
- Why community alliances are key to drug demand reduction
- Confronting the heroin epidemic locally & nationally
- Effective prevention of addiction
The Triadvocate is a publication of Triad Strategies, LLC, a bipartisan lobbying, public affairs, strategic communications, grassroots advocacy, issue management consulting firm located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, with offices in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh